Sunday, 9 February 2014

January Empties

This is going to be a long post since I'm been trying to use up all my samples that I've collected over the last year. I've been also trying to revamp my facial routines and I've been trying lots of new things. Please excuse the horrible pictures. I am not pro and my battery was dying so I was trying to hurry.


At the end of last year, I discovered that my teeth were getting quite sensitive. My dentist gave me a little sample tube of Sensodyne to try and see if it helped. It sure did, so I went out and bought some last week. 

I've got the Costco size Scope there. It was on sale, I was out. It's mouthwash - I'm not picky.

There's some Reach dental floss, again a dentist sample. We all need to floss.

Then there's a favourite lip balm. Good ol' Blistex Complete Moisture. I have tons of tubes of this stuff laying around my house, 'cause I'll lose one and buy another. I found a bunch and I'm trying to use it up. I will repurchase it though when I get through the ones I'm finishing up. It's a great one for the winter months as it healed windburn and great for the summer because it has spf.


Lady Speed Stick Antiperspirant in Raspberry Burst. An old favourite. I'm actually not picky with antiperspirants, I just get whatever's on sale at the time.

Avon's Moisture Therapy Hand Cream - this was a sample from my Avon sales person. I used it as a body lotion for the most part. It's pretty runny, I probably wouldn't buy it.

Davies Gate Quince Lotion - this was a hotel sample from a sister hotel we stayed at. It's okay, I wouldn't search around to buy a full size. 

H20+ Spa Sea Salt Body Wash - this sure does have salt in it. I used this after I shaved my legs one day and it found every little nick and stung! Oh man. I wouldn't go out and buy a full size just because of that. I like the scent though. Too bad.

TokyoMilk Dark Femme Fatale Collection - La Vie La Mort No. 90 Handcreme - This was a Sephora sample I got with an order. I loved the formula but hated the scent. It is rather strong and I could only use it at home because the scent lingered for awhile so I could never wear it to work.


Ojon Rare Blend Oil Total Hair Therapy - This was a 100 point perk from Sephora that I ended up using as a hair mask, since I had run out of my Roots mask. I can't really give a good review of it because of that. I'm not picky with my hair oils and I have a ton to get through, so I probably won't repurchase because it is kind of expensive.

Garnier Fructis Pure Clean Conditioner - Usually I go through the shampoo first when I buy a set, so I bought the big size of the shampoo and the little size conditioner. Not this time! I only use this set once a week, on Sundays, so I went out and bought another conditioner when it was on sale last week. Great clarifying set.

Roots Hair Treatment by Lush - I'm a total Lushie. I love this mask. I use it weekly and it helps my scalp so much! Now I'm out, and broke. My head will suffer until I can get more.

L'oreal's Mythic Oil - I got this in March 2013's TopBox. It's okay. I won't repurchase.

Avon's Advance Techniques Moroccan Oil - Another sample from my sales rep. I have a full size bottle waiting to be used from my stocking from my Mum. I'll be able to give a good review then.

Coolway Cool Cleanse Shampoo - This is from my Beauty Box 5 from June 2013. I did get the conditioner as well, but it's still in my shower. This shampoo didn't clean my hair well at all so I had to wash it twice, which is why it's finished before the conditioner. I have really long hair and use a ton of shampoo. 


As I mentioned above, I'm trying to revamp my face routine. For the last 5 years, I've used Clinique 3-step. Before that it was the Vitamin E line from the Body Shop.

So here I've got a sample trio of the dry to combo set from Clinique that I got from Sephora.

A full and travel size of the Clarifying Lotion #2.

A travel size of the Liquid Facial Soap Mild. This is the stuff that made me rethink my skincare. It has started to really dry my face out. Maybe my skin was getting too used to it.

Vitamin E Hydrating Toner - I don't feel like this really did anything for my face. 

Vitamin E Cream Exfoliator - I like a coarser exfoliator, so I ended up just using this as a daily wash. It did it's job. Nothing fancy.

Masker Aide Weather Warrior Hydrating Facial Sheet Mask - I got this in my March 2013's TopBox as well. I'm not a huge fan of sheet masks; I suck at putting them on right. This was nice, it was pretty hydrating, but I won't buy them.


Up & Up (Target Brand) Exfoliating Cotton Rounds - Where have you been all my life!? I wish they made bigger bags of these. Already repurchased.

Simple Cleansing Facial Wipes - I love these for taking off makeup. Waterproof mascara's worst enemy. Repurchased over and over.

La Fresh Eco-Beauty Oil-Free Face Cleanser Wipes - From my October 2013 ipsy bag, these were ok. I used them while we were away in the woods, so they did their job. I'll stick to my Simple ones though.


Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex II- From November 2013's TopBox - I would totally purchase this BUT for 1 oz of this stuff it's over $70! It's on my wish list.

Origins GinZing Refreshing Eye Cream - Sephora 100 point perk - This has been the only eye cream to actually help the dark circles. I've already got a full size waiting, but I'm trying to get through the samples.

Clinique All About Eyes Eye Cream - GWP when I bought foundation once - It didn't work on the dark circles, but it moisturized. I like the Origins one better.

Benefit's It's Potent! Eye Cream - Sephora sample - It's potent all right! Too much for my eyes, stung them like crazy. I used it up, but I won't buy the full size.

Coola Mineral Face SPF 20 Unscented Moisturizer - July 2013 ipsy bag - I liked this stuff and would probably buy it if I could get it locally. There's so many I can buy here, that it's a bit pointless to buy itfrom the states and have it shipped.


Vitamin E Nourishing Night Cream - Ol' faithful, but I've found better.

Korres Wild Rose + Vitamin C Advanced Brightening Sleeping Facial - Sephora 100 point perk -  I liked this, but my boyfriend hated the rose scent. Since he's sleeping beside me when I'm wearing it, it's a no-go.

Boscia Super-Charge Overnight Moisture - Sephora sample - I liked this one too and it has no smell. I was sold. I bought full size after Christmas with a gift card I received.

Avon's Anew Rejuvenate Night Cream Sapphire Emulsion - Avon sales rep sample - It was ok, but I had already found the Boscia one at that point, I was just using up samples.


Now for the randoms! I have a ton of tea to get through so I figured I'd throw these in too!

David's Tea - Honeydew Mate - I liked this. I put this on my list to buy later. I'm not allowing myself to buy any until I clean most of them out.

David's Tea - Mom's Apple Pie - A green tea. I liked this one too. On the Buy Later list.

21 Drops Sleep Essential Oil - Sephora sample - I found this actually did help me sleep, so I bought a full size.


Now for an Unfavourite that I'm throwing out because it's THAT bad. 

Sephora's Advanced Lash Booster Mascara - This formula is so wet! It ran right off my lashes and into my eyes the couple of times I tried to use it. Even as I'm writing this post, it hasn't dried out a bit! If wet mascaras are your thing, try it out, but I'll never buy it again. It came in the lash box at Christmas from 2012 that I'm still working on.


No comments:

Post a Comment